|Directions:||Bang Pa-In Island is located 40 kilometers from the city island of Ayutthaya. To access Bang Pa-In from Ayutthaya, one can go by Phahonyothin Road and make a right turn at km. 35 for 7 kilometers to the Bang Pa-In Palace. minibus connect to Bang Pa-In from the central BKS station, a 40-minute journey from Ayutthaya.|
|Opening Hours:||Daily from 8 am - 4 pm||Phone:||+66 35 261 044|
|Admission Fee:||100 Thb.||Website:||None|
Information: Bang Pa-In is famous for its royal palace which attracts many tourists. Originally, there was a riverine island. When King Prasat Thong became the Ayutthaya's king (1630-1655), he had the chumphon Nikayaram Temple built on his family estate. Later, he had a palace built in the middle of the island where he could periodically reside.
The palace, surrrounded by a lake 400 meters long and 40 meters wide, and the Chumphon Nikayaram Temple are all that remain of King Prasat Thong's construction work at Bang Pa-In Palace was used as country residene by every Ayutthaya monarch after King Prasat Thong. But when the new capital was extablished in Bangkok, Bang Pa-In Palace Was deserted for 80 years.
It was only during King Rama IV's reign (1851-1868) that Bang Pa-In Palace was again visited by kings. King Rama IV stayed there and had a house built in the old palace compound. His son, King Rama V (1868-1910) liked the place, stayed there every year and constructed the royal palace as it is seen.